A great way to keep your team motivated in the corporate world is through corporate trips. Whether you run one office or several – and in different parts of the country – the aspect of keeping your employees on the same page is one obvious benefit of having a corporate retreat. Not only does it re-energize them and give them a renewed sense of vision about your company’s principles, it is simply a great way to bring everyone together.
If you are considering planning a Texas corporate retreat, try to think beyond the typical hotel stay in a metropolitan city. Considering a corporate retreat in true Texas style at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch near Houston. We offer a truly unique experience that gives your team a fresh place to think and recharge.
Recently, BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch hosted a corporate retreat Texas style for a large company with distributors throughout the U.S., Canada, Brazil, Mexico and Venezuela. Fifteen key personnel attended and all left feeling inspired after horseback riding, fishing, trapshooting and playing a few rounds of golf. Not only do these types of corporate retreats bring everyone together – sometimes for the first time – they enable individuals to brainstorm and build rapport.
Here are five ways that corporate retreats can lead to greater productivity for your organization:
- Brainstorming: As mentioned, brainstorming face-to-face can be much more productive and beneficial than trying to use Skype or other online meeting interfaces.
- Enhances Creativity: Being stuck in a daily routine back on your own turf can make you feel stagnant. Doing the same thing day in and day out leaves little room to expand your imagination. Corporate retreats can lead to those “light bulb” moments as you all contribute your own creative concepts.
- Discover Skills: Employees may have hidden talents just waiting to shine. Attending a corporate retreat, particularly at a place like BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, allows individuals to try a variety of activities that can transcend into the workplace. For example, archery can give you a sense of shooting towards a bullseye to achieve your goals!
- Builds Stronger Relationships: When you get to know staff members better, you will find them to be more dedicated to your organization. The corporate retreat helps to nurture and solidify those relationships, which gives you a tight-knit team.
- Motivating: Nothing makes your staff feel more invigorated than a corporate retreat, especially after a couple of days of golfing, eating great food, horseback riding, trapshooting, or an old-fashioned game of horseshoes. You’ll find your staff more motivated and refreshed after they have a chance to clear their minds of the problems they face back at home.
BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch is only about 45-minutes from Houston, TX and located on an impressive, 500-acre working ranch. We welcome corporate travelers year round to stay at our charming Bed & Breakfast and take part in our small-town, Texas hospitality. Call 713-301-3235 to save the date for an upcoming corporate retreat with us.