From the moment you pull onto our 350-acre guest ranch in Texas, your vacation truly begins. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, family vacation or just some quality alone time, our private cabins with their own hot tubs are just what you need. Keep scrolling to find out which type of traveler you are, and how you can have the perfect getaway at our Texas bed and breakfast ranch with our curated itineraries.
1. Romantic Texas Getaway Itinerary
If you’re getting away with your better half, you’ll love this itinerary to help ramp up the romance! It’s the perfect place for new couples to connect or to rekindle the romance with your long-time love.
- Utilize our self check-in, so you can pull up directly to your cozy cabin. Don’t forget to carry in your partner’s bag for brownie points.
- Look at the smile on your sweetheart’s face when they see the special touches you’ve prearranged with our swoon-worthy packages, including chilled Champagne, fresh flowers, and silk rose petals on the bed.
- Take a leisurely walk over the bridges across our private lake, spotting wildlife along the way.
- Open a bottle of wine and turn on some tunes while you whip up your intimate dinner-for-two in your own kitchen.
- After dinner, it’s time to enjoy that chilled Champagne under the big Texas sky, in your own secluded outdoor hot tub. Gaze into each other’s eyes or at the stars while you sink deeper into seduction and relaxation.
- Sleep in or wake up early to just snuggle in bed while you listen to the sounds of the birds outside, and not kids running up and down the hall like you would at a regular hotel.
- Grab your breakfast basket from the fridge to surprise your special someone with breakfast in bed.
- Now it’s time to get ready for your day’s adventure. While there is so much to experience on the ranch, for couples we recommend taking advantage of our specially curated packages like our Horseback Ride Picnic or Day on the Lake. Bond together with a new activity like archery or trap shooting, or connect with the critters on an animal feeding tour or on our guest-favorite Exotic Animal Safari Experience.
- Repeat your perfect evening from the night before. That hot tub will come in handy to help soothe your sore muscles from all of the day’s fun.
- Rise up the following morning to take part in another fun ranch activity – there’s so much to do, you could fill up a whole week!
- To make all of your romantic getaway planning easier, we’ve compiled all of the mood-setting must-haves into our aptly named Ride Off Into the Sunset Package. Not only will you get to take a guided couples horse back ride, but you’ll also be pampered with massages, gourmet dinners, a picnic for two, Champagne, chocolate-dipped strawberries, fresh flowers, and much more!
Since it’s just the two of you, check out The Enchanted Cabin or Mystic Woods Cabin. During your dreamy getaway, maybe you’ll even be inspired to return for your wedding proposal, elopement in Texas. or anniversary celebration.
2. Fun Texas Family Vacation Itinerary
The kids, and the family dog too, will be ready to get out of the car! You’ll love our self check-in to get your Texas family vacation going that much faster. Check out what your vacation could look like:
- They’re kids, so get them a snack and a drink and head right over to the barn to say hi to the animals! Look at the lemurs, play with the pups, or feel the soft muzzles of the horses.
- In the evening, since you’ll have the whole cabin and lots of space outside to yourselves, it’s a great time to bust out some board games or get some playtime outside, while the folks fire up the barbecue.
- After dinner, the kids will love to splash around in your own private hot tub while you point out the constellations that you can’t quite see in the city. After the kids have gone to bed, it’s your time to enjoy a soak. You’ll be able to completely relax within full earshot of the kids – maybe even while sipping your favorite beer or glass of Champagne.
- In the morning, you can either choose to take advantage of our breakfast basket, or rustle up some grub for the group in your own kitchen.
- For your morning ranch activity, grab some poles and bait to go catch-and-release fishing in our stocked lake. It makes for a great photo op when your kids smile from ear to ear after they catch a “big one”! Or aim for the bullseye and try your hands at archery – you’ll feel like Katniss Everdeen in no time.
- Head back to your spacious accommodations for a bite and a break. For picky eaters, you can make your own lunch, or let us supply a picnic lunch for less clean up. Enjoy a little downtime, maybe naps or free-play time for the kids, and some book time on the porch for mom and dad.
- In the afternoon, you’ll have so many options of fun things to do. If the kids are older than 10, then a trail ride on our friendly horses is a must. If they’re younger than that, we can arrange for a lesson or hand-led ride around the barn. Load the family into our UTV for a guided wildlife safari, or rent your own golf carts to explore by yourselves. For the summer months, we’ve also added a Slip-n-Slide to chill out with!
- For dinner, let us supply the meal with one of our dining packages. Enjoy s’mores for dessert as part of our Texas-Style Fun Package. With this family-friendly package, you’ll also be able to take an animal feeding tour, play games in the barn and get a kite to fly for more classic family fun.
- Get a good night’s sleep, so you can mix it up for your next day on the ranch!
- When everyone is together, it’s a great time for a family photo! Our own award-winning photographer, Skeeter Hagler, is available to capture your family vacation with a professional photo shoot.
For families, we suggest checking out The Bluebonnet Bungalow, or the The StarView Cowboy Cabin. If you are a larger family, traveling with another family, or would just like to trade the private hot tub for an unheated private pool, then you need to stay in our Dog Trot House! Don’t let the opportunity to create these meaningful childhood memories pass you by.
3. Solo Ranch Retreat Itinerary
Let’s face it. When it’s just YOU, no itinerary is needed. You’re free to do what you want, when you want. But here are just a few suggestions and things to look forward to on your solo getaway in Texas.
- If you truly want to escape all of the stress and crowds of the city, then use our self check-in to go with the theme, or head over to the Show Barn if you want to see another smiling face.
- Relax on your porch with a good book and then enjoy a dinner from one of our dining packages.
- After dinner, pour yourself another glass of wine and slip into your private hot tub – with no kids to put up with or strangers to make small talk with.
- Get a great night’s sleep in the peace and quiet of the country.
- Wake up to our pre-placed breakfast basket, or if you’re not much of a breakfast person, just enjoy some coffee in your cozy living room.
- For your first day’s activity, choose to do nothing at all or get out to explore our working Texas ranch. Bring your bike and your hiking shoes to explore our 350 acres at your leisure. Or join a group trail ride on horseback for a more unique experience.
- Your second day can be geared towards expanding your horizons. Try new things, like archery or trap shooting or connect with the domestic and exotic animals on a morning feeding tour or Exotic Animal Safari Experience.
- If you have some extra time, while away the hours in the shade fishing or birdwatching, or rent a canoe or kayak to explore our private lake.
- If you want a companion to share these experiences with, sign up for our NY Times recognized Solo Traveler Package, where we’ll match you up with your own adoptable puppy pal! Or if you already have your own four-legged friend, all of our accommodations are pet-friendly.
Since it’s just you, you’ll want to book one of our smaller cabins. The Enchanted Cabin or Mystic Woods Cabin will do the trick. Though if you’re willing to trade out the private outdoor hot tub for an indoor soaking tub, you can create a glamping adventure and stay in our Grand Safari Tent! You deserve to treat yourself to this magical experience.
Whichever type of traveler you are, we welcome you to come experience our little slice of heaven in the country. We are an easy drive from several major cities in Texas, but it feels like you’re a world away – making us an ideal staycation destination. Take some video tours of our cabins and property, to see why you need to book your getaway to our Texas ranch B&B today!Book Now