With many guests like you planning their first getaway since the travel ban, we’re here to make sure your stay is safe, enjoyable, and truly a relaxing respite from the stress of everyday life. Read on for the many benefits of our inn and changes we have made to allow you to travel and get away with confidence.
Stay Small, Stay Safe in Texas
Breathe Easy in the Country
We are a unique property in that we’re perfectly set up for social distancing, and therefore, remain open during this time for those of you who want to get out of the city to wide open spaces, or perhaps simply want a change in scenery while you focus on self care. At BlissWood, you can enjoy the following:
- Stay in individual cabins with private entries & self check-in.
- Breakfast boxes in units upon arrival (or you can opt-out).
- Each cabin is equipped with its own coffee maker, microwave, toaster and refrigerator, plus pots, pans, dishes, silverware, glasses, and more. Most have stoves and ovens too.
- 350 acres of open space to explore with oak forests, meadows filled with wildflowers, and tranquil lakes
- We at BlissWood care so much for your health while you are staying with us, we have upgraded to a better commercial-grade allergen filter that will help you breathe better while with us by trapping pollen, mold, mildew, dust, and pet hair.
We are fully committed to the health, safety and comfort of all our guests.
Connect With the Land & Loved Ones
Here at the BlissWood we know how important it is to keep our family, friends, and neighbors safe, but we also know that it is important to have meaningful interactions and experiences together. So enjoy one of many socially-distant activities available here at our peaceful country bed & breakfast.
Enjoy stunning vistas on a hike around our beautiful natural lakes and wildflower fields, or pick a lake to settle down on for a quiet afternoon of fishing or even kayaking, canoeing, or paddleboarding. Spend a day riding through the romantic landscape either horseback on a trusty steed or on bike, and experience the freedom of the beautiful Texas countryside.
Enjoy the Outdoors on the Ranch
Further unwind in one of the ranch’s many scenic nature spots perfect for yoga, reading, or just quiet naps! Or, if it’s more your style, enjoy authentic Western activities ranging from archery to shooting and even Tomahawk throwing. And when night falls, see all the stars come out across the great Texas sky, perfectly ending a day of shared but socially-distant experiences.
Feel Safe with Our Extra Attention to Your Well-Being
We have focused our attention on enhancing routine cleaning in preparation, with more proactive and preventative measures in place. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness for any Inn, Ranch, B&B or Texas boutique hotel, and have taken an extra level of sanitary precautions so you can feel at ease during your stay. The below effective response measures are helping us continue to provide a safe and clean environment:
- Staff who handle and serve food have Texas Food Handlers Certificates and ServSafe Certificates.
- Disinfectant is used when we wash linens.
- We disinfect all touch points possible—door knobs/handles, commode handles, microwaves/coffee makers, lamp switches, light switch plates, etc.
- We use a UV4 Wand that is proven to kill the COVID-19 virus.
- We use protective zippered encasements on our pillows and mattresses, as well as waterproof mattress protectors to make cleaning safer & easier.
Need to Reschedule Your Wedding?
Our venue is perfect for couples who want to celebrate their commitment to each other, but with fewer people and on a quicker timeline.
Please Contact Us With Any Questions or Concerns
Do you have any questions for us or want to chat before booking your stay? Our dedicated staff would love to chat with you about your upcoming trip. Whether it be answering questions about our enhanced cleaning routines or helping you fill your itinerary with fun and safe activities, we’re here for you!
Treat yourself to the safe vacation you deserve at our remote
bed and breakfast ranch near Houston, Texas.
See What Our Guests Are Saying
“My husband and I enjoyed an extremely special and safe socially-distanced retreat for our anniversary and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a very relaxing, safe, unique, and rustic yet comfortable and romantic experience. Horseback riding through the fields and the forest was so beautiful and fun, (our wrangler was very personable and loves the animals she cares for!) and we even got to see two newly born deer up close. Skeeter was helpful and so welcoming, as was the owner, Carol. She went over and beyond to make us feel at home. We enjoyed the pond, the views, the solitude, and the truly scrumptious dinner from the BlissWood Restaurant that we were able to order to-go and eat in our cabin.” – Mandy, Google
“Celebrated my 50th birthday here, was excited to do everything, however once we was settled in the atmosphere was so relaxed we lost track of time and just enjoyed nature. Horseback riding and my amazing birthday cake was the highlight. Love love love BlissWood B&B.. Skeeter and Kirby my family absolutely adore and love you both.. Can’t wait to visit again..”– Cheryl, Google
“We celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary here and it was pure bliss. More than I imagined it to be and I’m super pleased with our decision to stay here. Every one one the staff we communicated with, were so nice and down to earth. It truly felt like home away from home. We will be back sooner than later. Thank y’all for everything! ♥️”– Family Stout, Google