We are thrilled that our state is on the road to recovery! The travel ban in Texas has been lifted, and with many guests like you planning their first getaway of the season, we’re here to make sure your stay is safe, enjoyable, and truly a relaxing respite from the stress of everyday life. Read on for the many benefits of our inn and changes we have made to allow you to travel and get away with confidence.
Safety and Social Distancing
We are a unique property in that we’re perfectly set up for social distancing, and therefore, remain open during this time for those of you who want to get out of the city to wide open spaces, or perhaps simply want a change in scenery while you focus on self care. At BlissWood, you can enjoy the following:
- Individual cabins with private entrances
- Self check-in
- Breakfast boxes in cabin fridges upon arrival (for guests who did not opt-out)
- Each cabin equipped with its own coffee maker, microwave, toaster and refrigerator, plus pots, pans, dishes, silverware, glasses, and more. Most have stoves and ovens too
- 500 acres of open space to explore with oak forests, meadows filled with wildflowers, and tranquil lakes
- We at Blisswood care so much for your health while you are staying with us, we have upgraded to a better commercial-grade allergen filter that will help you breathe better while with us by trapping pollen, mold, mildew, dust, and pet hair
Safe & Meaningful Interactions
Here at the BlissWood we know how important it is to keep our family, friends, and neighbors safe, but we also know that it is important to have meaningful interactions and experiences together. So enjoy one of many socially-distant activities available here at our peaceful country bed & breakfast.
Enjoy stunning vistas on a hike around our beautiful natural lakes and wildflower fields, or pick a lake to settle down on for a quiet afternoon of fishing or even kayaking, canoeing, or paddleboarding. Spend a day riding through the romantic landscape either horseback on a trusty steed or on bike, and experience the freedom of the beautiful Texas countryside.
Enjoy the Outdoors right here on the Ranch
Further unwind in one of the ranch’s many scenic nature spots perfect for yoga, reading, or just quiet naps! Or, if it’s more your style, enjoy authentic Western activities ranging from archery to shooting and even Tomahawk throwing. And when night falls, see all the stars come out across the great Texas sky, perfectly ending a day of shared but socially-distant experiences.
Feel Safe with our Intensified Cleaning Policies
We have focused our attention on enhancing routine cleaning in preparation, with more proactive and preventative measures in place. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and have taken an extra level of sanitary precautions so you can feel at ease during your stay. The below effective response measures are helping us continue to provide a safe and clean environment for all:
- Staff who handle and serve food have Texas food handlers certificates and ServSafe certificates
- We use disinfectant in commercial washer when we wash linens
- We disinfect all touch points possible—door knobs/handles, commode handles, microwaves/coffee makers, lamp switches, light switch plates, etc.
- Our staff cleans using a special UV4 Wand that is proven to kill the COVID-19 virus and wears masks
- We use protective zippered encasements on our pillows and mattresses, as well as waterproof mattress protectors to make cleaning safer & easier
Need to Reschedule Your Wedding?
Please contact us about rescheduling your big day or opting for a smaller option. Our venue is perfect for brides and grooms who want to continue their celebration with the same luxury, but with fewer people and a quicker timeline.
We’re Here for You!
Do you have any questions for us or want to chat before booking your stay? Our dedicated staff would love to discuss your upcoming trip with you. Whether it be answering questions about our enhanced cleaning routines or helping you fill your itinerary with fun and safe activities, we’re here for you! Call 713-301-3235 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us today. Get updates and connect with us on our Facebook page or Instagram page too.
See What Our Guests Are Saying
“My husband and I enjoyed an extremely special and safe socially-distanced retreat for our anniversary and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a very relaxing, safe, unique, and rustic yet comfortable and romantic experience. Horseback riding through the fields and the forest was so beautiful and fun, (our wrangler was very personable and loves the animals she cares for!) and we even got to see two newly born deer up close.Skeeter was helpful and so welcoming, as was the owner, Carol. She went over and beyond to make us feel at home. We enjoyed the pond, the views, the solitude, and the truly scrumptious dinner from the Blisswood Restaurant that we were able to order to-go and eat in our cabin.” – Mandy, Google
“Celebrated my 50th birthday here, was excited to do everything, however once we was settled in the atmosphere was so relaxed we lost track of time and just enjoyed nature. Horseback riding and my amazing birthday cake was the highlight. Love love love Blisswood B&B.. Skeeter and Kirby my family absolutely adore and love you both.. Can’t wait to visit again..” – Cheryl, Google
“We celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary here and it was pure bliss. More than I imagined it to be and I’m super pleased with our decision to stay here. Every one one the staff we communicated with, were so nice and down to earth. It truly felt like home away from home. We will be back sooner than later. Thank y’all for everything! ♥️” – Family Stout, Google