The perfect setting for fun-filled Texas family vacations is at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch. We have horses and farm animals on our 350-acre working guest ranch, as well as activities and adventures that are sure to entertain guests of all ages. An excellent opportunity to get outside and spend some quality time together!
Unforgettable Texas Family Vacations
Relax With Your Herd in Our Family Friendly Lodging Options
Our Texas cabin rentals and historic homes offer families privacy, space to stretch out and the convenience of your own kitchen to prepare meals, including grills available on request. Most of our accommodations are pet-friendly, so you can bring along all of the members of your family!
We also offer a variety of vacation packages for an authentic ranch experience, such as our Texas-Style Family Fun Package, which includes a campfire with s’mores, horseback riding, a ranch tour and games.
Connect with nature and each other on our 350-acre Texas ranch,
with fun activities for the kid in all of us.
Our Texas Guest Ranch Offers Plenty of Family Friendly Activities
- Hiking: We have acres and acres of land that can be wandered at your leisure. Spend hours on our trails just taking in the scenery and discovering the local environment – especially the deer!
- Picnicing: Spend an afternoon (or longer) at the Gazebo at Enchanted Lake for a wonderful picnic.
- Horseback Riding: For adults and children 11 years and older we offer Guided Trail Rides, a wonderful opportunity to experience the full breadth of the ranch! For riders 10 years and younger we offer a Children’s Ride on a lead line around the barnyard. For your safety, helmets are required.
- Fishing: Fishing enthusiasts can catch-and-release in the ranch’s stocked lakes. If you are an avid fisherman, we highly suggest you bring your own gear, since ours is gear for our average novice fishing guests. Fish at your leisure.
- Biking: Go off-road for a challenging ride, or take the family on a more leisurely trip down any number of country roads around the ranch.
Fun Things to Do Nearby
- History: Just a short drive away are the San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site and the Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site. At both of these locations your family can learn about Texas and U.S. history first hand.
- Parks: The Stephen F. Austin State Park is a wonderful extension for family fun with plenty of room for hiking, biking, fishing and more!
- Golf: If you’d like to combine your time on the ranch with time on the links, check out several nearby courses.