BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch is the perfect setting for fun-filled Texas family vacations. As a 500-acre working ranch, we have horses and farm animals, activities and adventures that are sure to entertain and enliven guests of all ages. A great opportunity disconnect from technology, get outside, and spend quality time together!
At our Texas Guest Ranch, we offer a number of family friendly activities, including:
- Hiking: We have acres and acres of land that can be wandered at your leisure. Spend hours on our trails just taking in the scenery and discovering the local environment – especially the deer!
- Picnicking: Spend an afternoon (or longer) at the Gazebo at Enchanted Lake for a wonderful picnic. Order one of our popular picnic packages and we’ll have it ready for a relaxing afternoon with the family.
- Horseback Riding: For adults and children 12 years and older we offer Guided Trail Rides, a wonderful opportunity to experience the full breadth of the ranch! For younger riders we offer a Children’s Ride on a lead line around barnyard.
- Fishing: Enjoy an afternoon catch-and-release bass fishing on our private stocked lakes. We even have equipment available for rent if you don’t want to pack your own!
- Biking: Go off road for a challenging ride, or take the family on a more leisurely trip down any number of country roads around the ranch.
Our Texas cabins rentals and historic homes offer families privacy, space to stretch out and the convenience of your own kitchen to prepare meals, including grills available on request. All of our accommodations are pet friendly, so you can bring along all of the members of your family! We also offer a variety of vacation packages for an authentic ranch experience, such as our Texas-Style Family Fun Package, which includes a campfire with s’mores, horseback riding, a ranch tour and games.
While there is plenty to do for the whole family on our ranch, the surrounding area also offers opportunities for fun and exploration:
- History: Just a short drive away are the San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site and the Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site. At both of these locations your family can learn about Texas and U.S. history first hand.
- Parks: The Stephen F. Austin State Park is a wonderful extension for family fun with plenty of room for hiking, biking, fishing and more!
- Golf: If you’d like to combine your time on the ranch with time on the links, we’re just a short drive from The Falls golf course.
Feel free to give us a call and let us help you create an unforgettable Texas ranch vacation for the entire family!